The late winter grey skies are starting to break as the sun dares to warm our faces. I watch as the flowering plum and cherry trees dotting the streets burst into riotous blossom. Hyacinth, crocus, and tulip leaves push greedily through the dark, wet soil to greet the same light that wakes me each morning.
This awakening is all around us.
I want to awaken a desire to document your family through an unfiltered lens. Your real life is good. There's nothing better.
1) You are perfect as is. Maybe you have that catch all room with clothes draped over the ironing board drying (because who actually irons?), dishes piled in the sink, and toys strewn all over the living room. That's cool. Leave it.
2) You will get to wear whatever you want to. Your kid wants to wear cowboy boots, a tutu, and underwear on her head? YES! Maybe swimsuits are haute couture around your house. Let them rock it. Same goes for you, parents.
3) You get to be yourself. Genuine emotions come from being comfortable in your space and with me. I've been told that it's like a friend is over when I join you for the day. This is because I take the time to get to know you before I step into your home. Nobody is keen on inviting strangers, right?
4) Your kids won't have to behave. The longer I'm with you, the more relaxed they are and the more fun we have. This fun might be doing things considered "naughty". No, I won't stop them.
5) You get to do whatever you want. I'm not going to pose you, tell you to "move into the beautiful light over there", or ask you to play a game with your kid when all you want to do is drink your coffee in silence.
These moments are fleeting and so darn awesome. Let's make this happen!